Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bubble Wrap Fun!

Bubble wrap is great for thousands of things-mostly popping though. Here are a few activities using old bubble wrap (that I had apparently stashed away in the cabinets....that I cleaned this morning)

Stomp
Great large motor/sensory activity. Just have children stomp on it

Hammer
We used a variety of toy tools to break the bubble wrap. The hammer worked the best, but the toy drill was more fun. Good for fine motor and large motor (upper body), also experimenting.

 
















 Paint
You have probably seen this before, but I expanded this printing activity. Cutting out different shapes in bubble wrap we named the shapes, colored them with paint (color names), and then printed with them. Makes cool designs.



Color
 I won't lie to you, I was expecting textured drawings to appear-so I used scrap paper from the printer because it was thin. However, after taping the bubble wrap to the back, and taping it to the table (a must for coloring with young children until they can hold the paper and color) it did not create textured. I would however say  do this activity. It made a nice puffy surface to color on and holes appeared in the paper with a lot of coloring which was also fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment