Tuesday, May 7, 2013

OMFG Kale Chips



OMFG Kale Chips
I was very wary to try these-however people on PAFO (Google it) keep raving about it, and I was hopeful that even if I did not like them, the kids would tolerate them.
These are AWESOME. not kidding AWESOME. I hate kale-hate it all the time-except in this form. The kids ate the entire bowl, ok I ate some, and we just bought two more bunches of kale!

Ingredients
·         1 bunch of kale
·         EVOO
·         Salt




Directions
1.       Wash Kale
2.       Dry Kale
3.       Take off thick stems
4.       Break in to pieces
5.       Put on non-stick cookie sheet and toss with oil and salt
6.       Bake in oven-tossing every 10min at 325-use the convection setting if you have one
7.       Once they are crispy-make sure they crisp up-take them out and eat them
Just a hint though-if it is really humid outside they tend to get soggy fast


2 comments:

  1. I love love love kale chips. Are you growing kale this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the fall-yes, for the spring-there is a shortage of seeds this year (?). I want to buy it organic...not sure why though when we are now on our fifth day of poison being sprayed.

    Ty told me today he does not want me to make the second bunch tomorrow because grammie might like them and eat them all. He does not want to share

    ReplyDelete