Monday, May 6, 2013

Sandpaper Castles

Sandpaper Castles

Under the sea week! We did a lot of activities this week-but one of my favorites was Sandpaper Castles. I bought a pack of sandpaper at the store for $.89 and cut it into shapes. Ty tried to cut some, but it was very thick paper, so I finished up. 





Before we glued the paper down the kids played with the paper a few days-making castles-or in this picture a sand road for cars to drive on.

When we glued them down I put a thin coat of Elmer's over the paper and then let the kids stick down their shapes. After doing this part I wished I had used smaller shapes, or larger paper. 


The scraps of the paper we put into a wipe box for Gav to pull out and play with-we can always use them later for another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment